We collect personal data from you in several different ways on the Site. Personal data means information that can reasonably be used to identify you personally (such as your name, phone number, address, and email address). We collect this personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us (such as when you submit an inquiry). You can choose not to provide the requested data, but you might not be able to take advantage of certain Site features.
- Collection of Data
- We collect personal data when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- We automatically collect data about your browser or device and your use of the Site.
- Third-parties may also automatically collect data about you.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. We do not currently respond to those signals or similar mechanism transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about browser tracking signals and DNT, please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
- Our “Do Not Track” (DNT) Policy
We collect and use the types of data described above to assist in the administration and operation of the Site and to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We may use the data to:
- Use of Collected Data
Additionally, we may use the data for marketing purposes to:
- Fulfill our obligations with respect to the reason you volunteered the data (e.g., to respond to an inquiry, etc.);
- Allow you to participate in certain features of the Site;
- Improve the Site or our products, events, and services;
- Optimize your experience on the Site (e.g., troubleshooting technical programs, storing your preferences, etc.);
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from arrangements between you and us; and
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
You can learn more about Facebook ads HERE and other types of online advertising HERE.
- Provide you with additional information regarding products and services from SBA Books, its affiliated companies, or from others that may be of interest to you via email, text message, or through advertising on various social media platforms or websites (both desktop and mobile) that you may visit; and
- Develop, improve, and target our promotional messaging to you and others via retargeting, online behavioral advertising, and use of social media platform tools for advertising (such as creation of Facebook Lookalike Audiences).
To the extent you provide us with personal data, we are processing your personal data under the following lawful basis:
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
- Processing necessary for compliance with legal obligations.
- Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Embedded Content
If you are accessing the Site from the European Economic Area, which includes the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- How We Share Data
Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share your data collected on this Site with our subsidiaries or affiliated companies.
Service Providers.We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
Sponsors or Event Partners. In the instance of ticketed events, we may share your collected data (including personal data) with sponsors or event partners.
Business Transfer. In the event that SBA Books undergoes a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of its assets, your data will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
- Your Rights under the GDPR
If you wish to exercise any of these rights under the GDPR, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at the address below with such request. We will respond to any requests without undue delay and no later than one-month after receipt of your request.
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to have any inaccurate personal data corrected
- Right to have your personal data erased
- Right to restrict use of your personal data
- Right to personal data portability
- Right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Opting-Out of Data Use or Withdrawing Consent
- Protection and Retention of Data
We respect children’s privacy. We do not target or knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. By using the Site, you have represented and warranted that you are either 18 years of age or using the Site with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Site. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please email us at [email protected] Books.com.
- Children and Parents
If you are a resident of California, California law permits you to request certain information regarding the disclosure of your personal data by SBA Books, or its affiliates and subsidiaries, to a third-party for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at [email protected] Books.com or write to us at: SBA Books, Attention: California Privacy Rights 809A Daphne Ave, Daphne, AL 36532
- Your California Privacy Rights
The data controller for the personal data that you provide or that is collected by SBA Books is Sheila Booth-Alberstadt, 809A Daphne Ave, Daphne, AL 36532.
- Data Controller
- Contact Us